Conditions of use of ShoppingVerify
Shoppingverify.com (hereafter “ShoppingVerify”) is a web site where users may post reviews and comments on their purchases on e-commerce sites.
The ShoppingVerify web site, domain and brand are the property of Casa del Consumatore, of Via Bobbio 6, Milan, Italy, Tax Code 97280690153 (hereafter “the association”) and are operated by it.
All rights to the site (and specifically copyrights) are the property of the association.
Please read these conditions carefully before using the ShoppingVerify web site and comply with them when using it.
When you complete the registration procedure, you declare that you have read and accepted all the conditions, terms and methods of use of the services offered by the web site.
You may not use the web site if you do not agree with these conditions.
You guarantee that you will use the web site in full compliance with these conditions and will not infringe the rights of any other party, default on any contractual or legal obligations, commit any offences or break any laws.
You relieve the association of all liability to anyone whatsoever resulting from your failure to comply with these conditions when using the site.
You declare that you are over 18 and that you will comply with all the conditions outlined below while using the site.
The association is in no way responsible for content entered by users. If you enter content which violates these conditions of use, you will bear sole and exclusive civil and penal liability and responsibility for all damage resulting from its publication.
Registration for ShoppingVerify and users’ liability
Use of ShoppingVerify and creation of content is reserved for registered users only.
You agree not to register more than once.
The username and password you use to access ShoppingVerify are reserved and must not be disclosed or used for any unauthorised purpose.
You must use the site and all other content only for its intended purposes.
You must abstain from any actions that could damage the site.
The association does not check or edit comments published on this site and shall in no case be held liable for them.
The association relies on users’ good sense to obtain civil content that is a pleasure to read, and users are therefore prohibited from posting on the site, by way of example and not exhaustively:
- Reviews which are not real, that is, not based on true buying experiences;
- Reviews which are offensive, misleading, threatening, injurious, fraudulent, defamatory, obscene, abusive, sexist, offensive of religious spirit or capable of constituting an offence or tort of any kind;
- Reviews that encourage racism and all claims of inferiority or superiority of a particular race, people or culture with respect to others, fanaticism, hatred or physical violence against any group or individual, or encourage the committing of crimes;
- Offences against the institutions or religion of any faith. No mocking or denigrating comments may be made;
- Pornographic or pedopornographic material;
- Reviews which molest or encourage molestation of any person;
- Reviews which involve sending of advertising or promotional material, chain letters, unsolicited email or spamming, or contain addresses of Internet sites not pertinent to the subject under discussion;
- Messages containing political propaganda;
- Content contrary to imperative rules, public order or morality;
- Reviews written for purposes of advertising or marketing or containing commercial messages and promoting for-profit activities such as bets, contests, auctions or economic transactions;
- Statements about people or other public and private parties which are unproven and/or unprovable and therefore unreliable;
- Reviews violating the rights of other people, containing material covered by copyright or violating any intellectual property rights;
- Reviews that violate other people’s privacy, for instance containing information on other people such as passwords, name, surname, address, telephone number, email, credit card number, etc.;cc.;
- Reviews which are damaging from a technical or computer-related point of view, such as those containing viruses, logical bombs, Trojan horses, worms, malware, etc.
- Messages containing insults or offenses to other registered users or other people;
- Messages not appropriate for the spirit of the site, contrary to good taste or able to offend other users’ sensibility;
- Excerpts from official information sources such as newspapers, magazines, etc. without citing the source.
You are also asked to:
- Write clear messages with an appropriate title which is not too long;
- Not undertake long arguments with other users, especially over personal matters;
- Not write in capital letters unnecessarily (using capital letters is equivalent to shouting);
- If your contribution is intended solely for a specific users, remember that ShoppingVerify is public, and everyone will be able to read your contribution;
- Respect other users, especially those whose ideas are different from yours.
Breaking these rules will result in failure to approve your comments or removal thereof, without advance notice. The association’s decisions in this regard will be final.
Serious or repeated violation of these rules may result in temporary suspension or deletion of the user’s account.
Anyone who believes their rights and reason to have been offended by comments published on the ShoppingVerify web site is invited to report the incident to the association by the methods identified on the web site, which will immediately delete the comment if it believes the complaint to be founded.
The association does not guarantee the suitability of the site content or any other part of it for any purpose.
Within the limits permitted by the applicable law, the association does not provide any guarantee of commercial quality or suitability for particular uses, even tacit guarantees. The association does not guarantee the accuracy or originality of site content.
The site contains links to third party web sites. The web sites linked are not under the association’s control, and the association shall not be held liable for their content. The association provides these links for convenience, and a link does not in any way imply approval, sponsorship or affiliation with the site linked.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
The site is under the control of Casa del Consumatore and is managed by the association, either directly or through appointed third parties. By accessing the site, using it or publishing comments on it, you and the association expressly agree that any disputes, lawsuits or other issues arising out of or connected with use of the site will be subject to Italian law without application of the principles of international private law. You also agree that all actions taken against the association as a result of or in connection with use of this site shall be regulated by Italian law and shall fall under the jurisdiction of the Court of Milan. This clause shall not apply in the event that the law applicable in your country of residence obligatorily requires application of a different law or submission of the dispute to another jurisdiction.
Unilateral changes to the conditions of use
The association reserves the right to make changes to any or all of these general conditions of contract for technical reasons, in order to improve the service, in order to meet the requirements of the law or as a result of changes to the services offered and the site layout. The association informs users of such changes in periodic newsletters, and once published the changes go into effect in relation to users, who may cancel their accounts if they wish.
The association may change, suspend or cease any of the services offered at any time, including the availability of any content, databases or articles.
All personal information you send to this site will be used in accordance with our Privacy guidelines.